Saturday, October 15, 2011

Reflections

It's weird to think that I've only been back in Thailand for two and a half weeks now.  It really feels like I never even left.  The past two years in America feel like a distant memory, almost as if it were all just a dream.  But I look back and I know that without those two years, I would not be the woman I am today.  Without the heartaches, mistakes, loneliness, friendships, hard times, and good times I would still be the little girl who left Thailand when she was 18.  So excited to be moving on with her life and getting away from parents and being her own person.  I look back at that little girl and think 'how naive and dumb she was'.  But I guess that is all part of the growing up process.  I have grown and matured more both spiritually and mentally during the past two years in America than I ever did the 18 years before that.  Because of this, though they were the hardest two years of my life, I wouldn't trade them for anything in the world.  


However, despite all of this, that time in America still feels like a dream that I have to try really hard to remember.  I think about it and I wonder if it really even happened.  But I look around me now, in Thailand, and for the first time in two years I finally feel like I fit in and like I belong somewhere.




"I was on my way to a brighter day, I'm still chasing around, But somehow I believe that this is home, It's so good to be home" ~Alaska, Sky Sailing.

No comments:

Post a Comment